Dr. Andre Simon Cardiac Surgeon
Dr. Andre Simon
Contact Website: www.rbht.nhs.uk
Mr Andre Simon is one of London’s leading cardiac surgeons. He is highly reputable internationally, he is a reviewer and author for numerous peer-reviewed journals and is frequently invited to lecture both at home and abroad. Mr Andre Simon is a member of a number of boards and scientific advisory committees and has a range of research interests including transplantation immunology, cardiac imaging and ventricular assist devices.
Mr Andre Simon founded HeartHelp, a charitable non-government organisation that provides cardiac surgery in developing African countries and has been committed to raising money for causes he believes in. Operating from his NHS base at Royal Brompton Hospital and other top clinics in the capital, Mr Andre Simon specialises in transplantation and mechanical circulatory surgery, though his expertise covers the scope of cardiac surgery. Most recently, the first child in Britain received an artificial heart, which Mr Simon successfully transplanted. This operation was life-saving and allowed the patient to survive until a human heart became available weeks later.
- Hospital Affiliations
- Experience / Tranining 25 Years
- Medical School • Harvard Medical School, Surgical Fellow (1994-1996) • MD, Christian Albrecht s University Kiel, Germany (1994)
- Internship Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College London
- Residency Consultant Cardiac Surgeon, Harefield Hospital, London
- Leadership Roles Founder and President of HeartHelp, a charitable non-government organisation that provides cardiac surgery for adults in developing countries in Africa
- Aortic surgery
- Heart transplant
- Ventricular assist device VAD
- Lung transplant
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery